Riders exchange mail: Pony Express re-ride Friday
Riders involved in this year’s re-ride of the Pony Express exchanged mail Friday morning at the Midway Station south of Gothenburg. Normally ridden in June, the event was delayed this year because of an outbreak of an equine herpes virus in the western states in May.
Right, Cassidy Mullen of Gothenburg signs the mochila, which is draped over the saddle and has pockets that carry the mail. Cassidy carried the mail with her mother, Alisa Mullen, into the station. Below, Troy Linn of Overton gallops on the first leg of the journey to Brady.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog