Riders exchange mail: Pony Express re-ride Friday
Riders involved in this year’s re-ride of the Pony Express exchanged mail Friday morning at the Midway Station south of Gothenburg. Normally ridden in June, the event was delayed this year because of an outbreak of an equine herpes virus in the western states in May.
Right, Cassidy Mullen of Gothenburg signs the mochila, which is draped over the saddle and has pockets that carry the mail. Cassidy carried the mail with her mother, Alisa Mullen, into the station. Below, Troy Linn of Overton gallops on the first leg of the journey to Brady.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics