Riders exchange mail: Pony Express re-ride Friday
Riders involved in this year’s re-ride of the Pony Express exchanged mail Friday morning at the Midway Station south of Gothenburg. Normally ridden in June, the event was delayed this year because of an outbreak of an equine herpes virus in the western states in May.
Right, Cassidy Mullen of Gothenburg signs the mochila, which is draped over the saddle and has pockets that carry the mail. Cassidy carried the mail with her mother, Alisa Mullen, into the station. Below, Troy Linn of Overton gallops on the first leg of the journey to Brady.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates