Riders exchange mail: Pony Express re-ride Friday
Riders involved in this year’s re-ride of the Pony Express exchanged mail Friday morning at the Midway Station south of Gothenburg. Normally ridden in June, the event was delayed this year because of an outbreak of an equine herpes virus in the western states in May.
Right, Cassidy Mullen of Gothenburg signs the mochila, which is draped over the saddle and has pockets that carry the mail. Cassidy carried the mail with her mother, Alisa Mullen, into the station. Below, Troy Linn of Overton gallops on the first leg of the journey to Brady.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout