Work nearing completion on 2011-12 county budget
Numbers have nearly fallen into place for Dawson County’s 2011-12 budget.
The first official steps were completed Thursday during the county board’s regular bimonthly meeting.
Commissioners approved levy allocations for the 14 political subdivisions with taxing authority.
The total of the allocations jumps more than $46,000 from $943,198 last year to $989,558 for a 4.92% increase.
The Railroad Transportation Safety District request increased more than $16,000, or 9%, for the highest dollar increase but Lexington’s Fire District is asking for 11.2% more funds this year as the largest percentage increase.
The levy allocations for the taxing entities represent only a small portion of the overall county budget and are a minimal portion of the total tax bill paid by Dawson County residents.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair