Dog show attracts 22 entries
The dog show did go on the evening of Sept. 20 in Ehmen Park after the annual event was postponed five days.
Twenty-two dogs and masters entered what is usually the kickoff for Harvest Festival. This year, festival officials re-scheduled the event because of rain and cold temperatures on the original date of Sept. 15.First-place choice for the judges in the large dog category was Jasper, who was shown by Joey and Benjamin Headley. Second place was given to Duke, who belongs to Jamie Graff.
The judges’ choice of small dogs was J.C., who was shown by Senji Baca. Casey Hinton’s dog, Sparky, took second-place honors.
Best smile—1. Colton Sitorius and Gunner, 2. Kyra Goodall and Daisy.
Wiggliest tail—1. Sydney Houchin and Rocket, 2. Beth Barrett and Callie.
Best dressed—1. Brandon and Jeff Schriner and Jesse, 2. Damion Fochtman and Joker.
Saddest look—1. Maddie and Seth Daup and Oliver.
Silliest ears—1. Abby Johnson and Fuzzy.
Best smile—1. Rachel Hurst and Snowball, 2. Swaisen Mroczek and Sadie.
Wiggliest tail—1. Cynthia Goad and Angel, 2. Ross Goad and Chester.
Best dressed—1. Sabrina Sawyer and Sophie, 2. Jack Aden and Daisy.
Saddest look—1. Jourdin and Jacey Golter and Bentley; 2. Diedra Goodall and Shotsy.
Silliest ears—1. Marley Fochtman and Chica, 2. Nichole Heines and Susie Q.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC