Homecoming 2011 burns bright
‘We Didn’t Start the Fire’ theme.ROYALTY: Crowned Gothenburg High School homecoming king and queen Friday night were Ernie Galvan (left) and Saraid Baca.
The crowning took place on the football field after the Swedes shut out the Cozad Haymakers, 14-0. Homecoming activities were scheduled throughout the week, including dressing up each day, the filming of a school video and a parade. A homecoming dance followed the football game.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney