Homecoming 2011 burns bright
‘We Didn’t Start the Fire’ theme.ROYALTY: Crowned Gothenburg High School homecoming king and queen Friday night were Ernie Galvan (left) and Saraid Baca.
The crowning took place on the football field after the Swedes shut out the Cozad Haymakers, 14-0. Homecoming activities were scheduled throughout the week, including dressing up each day, the filming of a school video and a parade. A homecoming dance followed the football game.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30