FFA youth place in range judging
Identifying plants, checking the pH balance of various soils and evaluating pieces of land were all in a day’s work for local FFA’ers.
Several members of Gothenburg’s chapter competed in state range judging on Oct. 4 in Sidney.
A team, comprised of Hailey Maline, Amanda Kowalewski, Ashley Eskew and Jordan Lauer placed 28th.
A team competing in the senior division also qualified for, but did not place, at state.
Those youths were Bailey Gibbens, Preston Franzen, Shay Wear and Jordan Ivey.
Competing in the junior division, at districts in Tryon on Sept. 29, were Mason Ackerman, Bailey Aden, Joslyn Baker, Konner Barnes, Bailey Baxter, Alex Blauvelt, Tanner Borchardt, Jacob Clark, Ashley Eskew, Makayla Franzen, Archer Jensen, Amanda Kowalewski, Jordan Lauer, Kyann LeViner, Hailey Maline, Jake Peterson, Justin Sabin, Shaylee Scott, Dalton Sylvan and Levi Tripp.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics