FFA youth place in range judging
Identifying plants, checking the pH balance of various soils and evaluating pieces of land were all in a day’s work for local FFA’ers.
Several members of Gothenburg’s chapter competed in state range judging on Oct. 4 in Sidney.
A team, comprised of Hailey Maline, Amanda Kowalewski, Ashley Eskew and Jordan Lauer placed 28th.
A team competing in the senior division also qualified for, but did not place, at state.
Those youths were Bailey Gibbens, Preston Franzen, Shay Wear and Jordan Ivey.
Competing in the junior division, at districts in Tryon on Sept. 29, were Mason Ackerman, Bailey Aden, Joslyn Baker, Konner Barnes, Bailey Baxter, Alex Blauvelt, Tanner Borchardt, Jacob Clark, Ashley Eskew, Makayla Franzen, Archer Jensen, Amanda Kowalewski, Jordan Lauer, Kyann LeViner, Hailey Maline, Jake Peterson, Justin Sabin, Shaylee Scott, Dalton Sylvan and Levi Tripp.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500