Fire department seeks help with logo
Members of the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department usually are the first to help others.
Now, however, GVFD is seeking help from someone in the Gothenburg Fire District.
GVFD members want to update the department’s logo and are offering $150 in Swede Bucks for the person submitting the winning entry.
The contest is open to people of all ages who reside within the district. No more than two logos, which should be original creations, can be submitted per person.
No more than three colors can be used and the logo must have a strong impact when printed in color or black and white. No more than two fonts should be used. The entries can either be hand drawn or produced on a computer.
Entrants are also asked to submit on a separate piece of paper a description of the logo—50 words or less—and what it represents.
The deadline to enter the contest is Monday, Jan. 2. The winner will be selected on Wednesday, Jan. 4.
Complete rules and entry forms are available at Hicken Lumber and Home Center, Franzen Inc., Peterson’s Supermarket and Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair