Area towns host burn training, certification
If you would like to further your experience or certification level for prescribed burning, the Fire Learning Network (along with other agencies) will provide a great opportunity to do so this spring in central Nebraska which will include both training and burning.
Gothenburg is one of the locations for four field burning training.
Grant funds managed by the Nebraska Forest Service will pay travel expenses for Nebraska participants seeking to further their prescribed burning qualification and experience. Participants must apply by Feb. 15.
The field burning dates and locations are:
March 10-15 Basset: Hutton Niobrara Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary & a private Ranch in Rock County.
March 15-24 Ainsworth: Niobrara Valley Preserve
March 18-22 Gothenburg: Jerry Kranau’s property
March 23-31 Ord and Scotia
Students will need S130/S190 certification and basic personal protective equipment. If you have not already taken S130/S190 you can complete a self-study CD and attend a field day to complete the training.
Two different field days for completion of the 130/190 self-study will be provided: March 12-13 in Basset and March 19-20 in Gothenburg.
To participate contact David Carr, Central Platte NRD, 308-385-6282 by Feb. 15. For more information on participation, contact Jeremy Bailey, 801-599-1394.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates