Car crash claims life of Brady teen
Pedersen killed Sunday.
An 18-year-old Brady resident was killed in a single-vehicle accident on Highway 30 west of Maxwell early Sunday morning.
David Pedersen, Jr. was the sole occupant of a 1976 Ford pickup.
Lincoln County Sheriff officials said Pedersen was eastbound and that he probably fell asleep before crossing the oncoming lane of traffic and drifting to the north side of the roadway.
Officials said the pickup struck a Union Pacific Railroad pole before rolling at least twice.
They said in a press release that they believe Pedersen was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle which probably caused his death.
Officials are unsure about the time of the crash.
Alcohol is suspected to be a contributing factor in this crash. Blood results are pending.
Pedersen’s vehicle was a loss.
Pedersen was a 2009 graduate of Brady High School and was a student at the University of Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture in Curtis.
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite
- Young Eagles hope to soar in new conference
- Maltese mix deemed dangerous dog
- Sponsors rededicate Thirty Mile Irrigation Canal
- Volleyball squad seeks state trip despite a difficult district draw
- Valuation climbs in county, locally during 2014
- Superhero heart participants
- Event about food and fun