Car crash claims life of Brady teen
Pedersen killed Sunday.
An 18-year-old Brady resident was killed in a single-vehicle accident on Highway 30 west of Maxwell early Sunday morning.
David Pedersen, Jr. was the sole occupant of a 1976 Ford pickup.
Lincoln County Sheriff officials said Pedersen was eastbound and that he probably fell asleep before crossing the oncoming lane of traffic and drifting to the north side of the roadway.
Officials said the pickup struck a Union Pacific Railroad pole before rolling at least twice.
They said in a press release that they believe Pedersen was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle which probably caused his death.
Officials are unsure about the time of the crash.
Alcohol is suspected to be a contributing factor in this crash. Blood results are pending.
Pedersen’s vehicle was a loss.
Pedersen was a 2009 graduate of Brady High School and was a student at the University of Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture in Curtis.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500