Eagle girls 4th in state
With a 14-1 record, the Eagle girls move to No. 4 in the Omaha World-Herald Class D-2 state basketball rankings after defeating Mullen and Stapleton-McPherson County last week.
Thursday’s game at home with Mullen started out close but the Eagles blew the score open in the third period to win 49-33.
Senior Courtney Widick led Brady with 22 points and Maggie Burke, also a senior, added 15 points.
Friday’s game at Stapleton against the Cyclones was Brady’s all the way as the Eagles cruised to a 54-27 victory.
Widick again led the Eagles with 20 points including a pair of three-pointers. Freshman Josie Palmer pitched in 11 points.
The Eagles enter this week’s Sandhills Conference tournament as the No. 1 seed, earning a bye in the first round.
Brady will take on Cody-Kilgore at 3:30 p.m. Thursday at North Platte St. Pat’s. The championship will be at 6:30 p.m. Friday at St. Pat’s with the consolation prior to that at 3:30 p.m.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair