Eagle girls 4th in state
With a 14-1 record, the Eagle girls move to No. 4 in the Omaha World-Herald Class D-2 state basketball rankings after defeating Mullen and Stapleton-McPherson County last week.
Thursday’s game at home with Mullen started out close but the Eagles blew the score open in the third period to win 49-33.
Senior Courtney Widick led Brady with 22 points and Maggie Burke, also a senior, added 15 points.
Friday’s game at Stapleton against the Cyclones was Brady’s all the way as the Eagles cruised to a 54-27 victory.
Widick again led the Eagles with 20 points including a pair of three-pointers. Freshman Josie Palmer pitched in 11 points.
The Eagles enter this week’s Sandhills Conference tournament as the No. 1 seed, earning a bye in the first round.
Brady will take on Cody-Kilgore at 3:30 p.m. Thursday at North Platte St. Pat’s. The championship will be at 6:30 p.m. Friday at St. Pat’s with the consolation prior to that at 3:30 p.m.
- New park swing in memory of local baby
- Veterans, donations sought to send group to D.C. in April
- County board forces wellness issue
- Eagles come from behind, hold on to beat Paxton
- Walk-off homer beats Lady Dawgs
- Golfers medal two at conference meet
- Softball team survives slugfest at Cozad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST