Three file for Dist. 20 school board
A new candidate will seek election to the District 20 school board.
Jeremy Sitorius joins two incumbents who have filed for re-election.
Dawson County election coordinator Sheri Bellamy said the names of Amber Burge and Lisa Geiken will also appear on the ballot.
No one has yet filed for three seats open on the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital board or for two positions on the Gothenburg Airport Authority.
Two Gothenburg City Council seats are also open in west ward and east ward.
Incumbents must file by Feb. 15 while challengers have until March 1 to indicate their desire to run for office.
On the county level, Butch Hagan of Lexington, who represents District 5, has filed for re-election this past week.
Other commissioners who are running for office again include Dean Kugler of Gothenburg, District 1, and P.J. Jacobsen of Cozad, District 4.
All are registered Republicans in the partisan race.
Seats for county officeholders are up for re-election in 2014.
May 15 is the Nebraska primary and Nov. 6 is the general election.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State