Three file for Dist. 20 school board
A new candidate will seek election to the District 20 school board.
Jeremy Sitorius joins two incumbents who have filed for re-election.
Dawson County election coordinator Sheri Bellamy said the names of Amber Burge and Lisa Geiken will also appear on the ballot.
No one has yet filed for three seats open on the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital board or for two positions on the Gothenburg Airport Authority.
Two Gothenburg City Council seats are also open in west ward and east ward.
Incumbents must file by Feb. 15 while challengers have until March 1 to indicate their desire to run for office.
On the county level, Butch Hagan of Lexington, who represents District 5, has filed for re-election this past week.
Other commissioners who are running for office again include Dean Kugler of Gothenburg, District 1, and P.J. Jacobsen of Cozad, District 4.
All are registered Republicans in the partisan race.
Seats for county officeholders are up for re-election in 2014.
May 15 is the Nebraska primary and Nov. 6 is the general election.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout