Three file for Dist. 20 school board
A new candidate will seek election to the District 20 school board.
Jeremy Sitorius joins two incumbents who have filed for re-election.
Dawson County election coordinator Sheri Bellamy said the names of Amber Burge and Lisa Geiken will also appear on the ballot.
No one has yet filed for three seats open on the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital board or for two positions on the Gothenburg Airport Authority.
Two Gothenburg City Council seats are also open in west ward and east ward.
Incumbents must file by Feb. 15 while challengers have until March 1 to indicate their desire to run for office.
On the county level, Butch Hagan of Lexington, who represents District 5, has filed for re-election this past week.
Other commissioners who are running for office again include Dean Kugler of Gothenburg, District 1, and P.J. Jacobsen of Cozad, District 4.
All are registered Republicans in the partisan race.
Seats for county officeholders are up for re-election in 2014.
May 15 is the Nebraska primary and Nov. 6 is the general election.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics