GHS musical directors seek props for ‘The Music Man’
Gothenburg High School choral students are gearing up to perform “The Music Man” Feb. 24-26.
As result, director Ernie Blecha is looking for the following items from around 1912.
“We’re looking for ‘period’ type items or items that are reproductions that might look as though they’re from that time,” Blecha said.
The list includes:
an authentic feather duster, preferably with a dark or wooden handle
old metal suitcases
old umbrellas for props only as they won’t need to be opened
a long wooden library or conference table, similar to the table in the public library’s entryway
wooden slatted folding chairs, the old-fashioned squared kind (not curved) from the 1940s or 1950s.
- GMH contracts signed for two new physicians
- Swedes second at SWC play invite
- Brady girls focused on one game at a time
- Shaw: Dracula best fits our one-act cast
- All jokes aside, Swede girls mean business
- Swede basketball will attack with speed
- Midlands gets bid for Hammond Bridge
- Rudolph to be honored for heading Cattlemen