Collins seeks election to airport board
Dave Collins of Gothenburg has filed for election to the Gothenburg Airport Authority board.
Dawson County election coordinator Sheri Bellamy said Collins was appointed in 2010 to fill the remainder of a six-year term.
One more position is open on the airport authority board.
Other candidates who announced plans to run for offices, prior to the past week, include newcomer Jeremy Sitorius to the District 20 school board.
Two incumbents, Amber Burge and Lisa Geiken, are running for re-election to the board.
No one has yet filed for three seats open on the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital board or for two positions on Gothenburg City Council.
Incumbents must file by Feb. 15 while challengers have until March 1 to indicate their desire to run for office.
Three county commissioners seek re-election. They are Dean Kugler of Gothenburg, P.J. Jacobsen of Cozad and Butch Hagan of Lexington, all who filed on the Republican ticket.
May 15 is the Nebraska primary and Nov. 6 is the general election.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship