Incumbents, others put out names for election
Deadline for office holders today
Incumbent Gothenburg Memorial Hospital board members squeaked under the wire to file for re-election the past week.
On the ballot in May will be Mike Bacon, Monty Bowman and Dr. Carol Shackleton.
Wednesday (today) at 5 p.m. was the deadline for incumbents to file.
For city council, incumbent Jeff Kennedy indicated his wish to run again for his west-ward seat.
Duane Oliver is seeking an east-ward seat now occupied by Gary Fritch who hasn’t yet filed.
Fritch was appointed mid-term to fill out Jim Aden’s four-year term which is done the end of this year.
For Gothenburg Airport Authority, Ken Christensen filed for a seat this past week.
Incumbent Dave Collins is also running. There are two seats open on the authority.
Other candidates who have announced their intention to run include:
District 20 school board—Candidate Jeremy Sitorius and incumbents Amber Burge and Lisa Geiken.
Dawson County Commission—Dean Kugler of Gothenburg, P.J. Jacobsen of Cozad and Butch Hagan of Lexington, all who filed on the Republican ticket.
Challengers have until March 1 to file for office.
May 15 is the Nebraska primary and Nov. 6 is the general election.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president