‘The Music Man’ cast rehearses
A con man is on his way to River City, IA, where he’ll trick residents into buying instruments and band uniforms for a boys band he vows to organize.
Most may know the rest of the story, how Harold Hill then falls for Marian the librarian (Leah Loostrom) who shows him what a respectable citizen is all about.Along the way, Hill meets other interesting characters in nostalgic Smalltown, U.S.A, as choral students perform “The Music Man” by Meredith Willson in the performing arts center at Gothenburg High School.
In addition to watching all ages of students perform, director Ernie Blecha said the audience may enjoy a special barbershop quartet made of local men.
The Broadway classic tale will be re-enacted Friday and Saturday, Feb. 24-25, at 7 p.m. and on Sunday, Feb. 26, at 2 p.m.
Tickets are available at Gothenburg State Bank, First State Bank and at the high school office.
They will also be available at the door.
Cost is $7 for adults and students and children $5.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500