‘The Music Man’ cast rehearses
A con man is on his way to River City, IA, where he’ll trick residents into buying instruments and band uniforms for a boys band he vows to organize.
Most may know the rest of the story, how Harold Hill then falls for Marian the librarian (Leah Loostrom) who shows him what a respectable citizen is all about.Along the way, Hill meets other interesting characters in nostalgic Smalltown, U.S.A, as choral students perform “The Music Man” by Meredith Willson in the performing arts center at Gothenburg High School.
In addition to watching all ages of students perform, director Ernie Blecha said the audience may enjoy a special barbershop quartet made of local men.
The Broadway classic tale will be re-enacted Friday and Saturday, Feb. 24-25, at 7 p.m. and on Sunday, Feb. 26, at 2 p.m.
Tickets are available at Gothenburg State Bank, First State Bank and at the high school office.
They will also be available at the door.
Cost is $7 for adults and students and children $5.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney