Brady students place at county spelling bee
Two Brady Public Schools students placed among the top contestants during the Lincoln County Spelling Bee at North Platte Community College on Feb. 10.
Fifth-grader Macey Widick finished first in her grade level. Tara Callahan was top speller among seventh-graders and finished third overall.
Other Brady students who competed include Emily Mann, fifth grade; Holly Hansen and Madison Christophersen, sixth grade; Emily Brown, seventh grade; Nate Sitorius and Jada Horn, eighth grade.
More than 90 students in fifth through eighth grades competed in the annual spelling bee.
Adams Middle School eighth-grader Talitha Daily was the overall winner, spelling “contraband” correctly to advance to the state bee in Omaha in March.
- Control drives abusers, fear keeps victims from leaving
- Space issues driving surgical expansion at GMH
- Seven in race for two council seats
- Irish explode offensively in win over Brady boys
- CPNRD gains acreage by Darr
- Local salt suppliers keep up with demand for salt
- Gothenburg’s share of ACE grants is $1,747
- You win some, you lose some