Brady students place at county spelling bee
Two Brady Public Schools students placed among the top contestants during the Lincoln County Spelling Bee at North Platte Community College on Feb. 10.
Fifth-grader Macey Widick finished first in her grade level. Tara Callahan was top speller among seventh-graders and finished third overall.
Other Brady students who competed include Emily Mann, fifth grade; Holly Hansen and Madison Christophersen, sixth grade; Emily Brown, seventh grade; Nate Sitorius and Jada Horn, eighth grade.
More than 90 students in fifth through eighth grades competed in the annual spelling bee.
Adams Middle School eighth-grader Talitha Daily was the overall winner, spelling “contraband” correctly to advance to the state bee in Omaha in March.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet