Brady students place at county spelling bee
Two Brady Public Schools students placed among the top contestants during the Lincoln County Spelling Bee at North Platte Community College on Feb. 10.
Fifth-grader Macey Widick finished first in her grade level. Tara Callahan was top speller among seventh-graders and finished third overall.
Other Brady students who competed include Emily Mann, fifth grade; Holly Hansen and Madison Christophersen, sixth grade; Emily Brown, seventh grade; Nate Sitorius and Jada Horn, eighth grade.
More than 90 students in fifth through eighth grades competed in the annual spelling bee.
Adams Middle School eighth-grader Talitha Daily was the overall winner, spelling “contraband” correctly to advance to the state bee in Omaha in March.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.