Brady students place at county spelling bee
Two Brady Public Schools students placed among the top contestants during the Lincoln County Spelling Bee at North Platte Community College on Feb. 10.
Fifth-grader Macey Widick finished first in her grade level. Tara Callahan was top speller among seventh-graders and finished third overall.
Other Brady students who competed include Emily Mann, fifth grade; Holly Hansen and Madison Christophersen, sixth grade; Emily Brown, seventh grade; Nate Sitorius and Jada Horn, eighth grade.
More than 90 students in fifth through eighth grades competed in the annual spelling bee.
Adams Middle School eighth-grader Talitha Daily was the overall winner, spelling “contraband” correctly to advance to the state bee in Omaha in March.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates