Last 35-millimeter movie shown at Sun Theatre
The era of reel-to-reel movies shown at the Sun Theatre came to an end Sunday night when the projectionist transferred the last 35-millimeter movie, “Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close” from theatre reels to be shipped back to the rental company.This week, the theatre is closed so workers can install a new projector that will show movies digitally.
Special curtains, to enhance sound, are being hung on theatre walls. A new movie screen will be installed at a later date.
Gothenburg Community Playhouse officials hope the Sun will reopen with the equipment the weekend of March 23-25.
Donations are still being accepted to pay for the new equipment and can be sent to the Sun Theatre Digital Fund, Box 155, Gothenburg, NE 69138-0155.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price