Last 35-millimeter movie shown at Sun Theatre
The era of reel-to-reel movies shown at the Sun Theatre came to an end Sunday night when the projectionist transferred the last 35-millimeter movie, “Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close” from theatre reels to be shipped back to the rental company.This week, the theatre is closed so workers can install a new projector that will show movies digitally.
Special curtains, to enhance sound, are being hung on theatre walls. A new movie screen will be installed at a later date.
Gothenburg Community Playhouse officials hope the Sun will reopen with the equipment the weekend of March 23-25.
Donations are still being accepted to pay for the new equipment and can be sent to the Sun Theatre Digital Fund, Box 155, Gothenburg, NE 69138-0155.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout