Last 35-millimeter movie shown at Sun Theatre
The era of reel-to-reel movies shown at the Sun Theatre came to an end Sunday night when the projectionist transferred the last 35-millimeter movie, “Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close” from theatre reels to be shipped back to the rental company.This week, the theatre is closed so workers can install a new projector that will show movies digitally.
Special curtains, to enhance sound, are being hung on theatre walls. A new movie screen will be installed at a later date.
Gothenburg Community Playhouse officials hope the Sun will reopen with the equipment the weekend of March 23-25.
Donations are still being accepted to pay for the new equipment and can be sent to the Sun Theatre Digital Fund, Box 155, Gothenburg, NE 69138-0155.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout