Last 35-millimeter movie shown at Sun Theatre
The era of reel-to-reel movies shown at the Sun Theatre came to an end Sunday night when the projectionist transferred the last 35-millimeter movie, “Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close” from theatre reels to be shipped back to the rental company.This week, the theatre is closed so workers can install a new projector that will show movies digitally.
Special curtains, to enhance sound, are being hung on theatre walls. A new movie screen will be installed at a later date.
Gothenburg Community Playhouse officials hope the Sun will reopen with the equipment the weekend of March 23-25.
Donations are still being accepted to pay for the new equipment and can be sent to the Sun Theatre Digital Fund, Box 155, Gothenburg, NE 69138-0155.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State