Three compete, three medal at SHC speech
THEDFORD—Three members of the Brady High School speech team competed at the Sandhills Conference meet at Thedford on March 6 and all three came home with medals.
Senior Micah Most placed first in informative speaking with his presentation about Rube Goldberg machines.
Junior Sierra Quadhamer was the conference champion as well in serious prose with her cutting from “The Horse Whisperer.”
And in entertainment speaking, sophomore Donnie Trisdale came in second using his speech called Text Talk.
“Overall, an excellent result for Brady,” said coach Brian Fleming. “We are hoping to do equally well at the district meet.”
Brady competed in the D1-5 district meet at North Platte on Tuesday. Results were not available before press time.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action