Three compete, three medal at SHC speech
THEDFORD—Three members of the Brady High School speech team competed at the Sandhills Conference meet at Thedford on March 6 and all three came home with medals.
Senior Micah Most placed first in informative speaking with his presentation about Rube Goldberg machines.
Junior Sierra Quadhamer was the conference champion as well in serious prose with her cutting from “The Horse Whisperer.”
And in entertainment speaking, sophomore Donnie Trisdale came in second using his speech called Text Talk.
“Overall, an excellent result for Brady,” said coach Brian Fleming. “We are hoping to do equally well at the district meet.”
Brady competed in the D1-5 district meet at North Platte on Tuesday. Results were not available before press time.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23