Firemen recognize members, officers
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Dept. held their annual banquet Saturday at Wild Horse Golf Course.
After the meal, a tally of calls answered in 2011 was read by president Rob Ostergard. There were 309 ambulance and transfer calls and 83 frre calls.
Awards for years of service were presented, and six members received certificates in recognition for a combined total of 140 years of dedicated service to the department.
New members in the department for 2011 are Derek Franzen, John Stuhr and Shawn Bickford.
Also of note, of the 44 members of the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department, 22 are current EMTs.
The 2011 officers were then presented. The evening concluded with members and their guests socializing.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president