Firemen recognize members, officers
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Dept. held their annual banquet Saturday at Wild Horse Golf Course.
After the meal, a tally of calls answered in 2011 was read by president Rob Ostergard. There were 309 ambulance and transfer calls and 83 frre calls.
Awards for years of service were presented, and six members received certificates in recognition for a combined total of 140 years of dedicated service to the department.
New members in the department for 2011 are Derek Franzen, John Stuhr and Shawn Bickford.
Also of note, of the 44 members of the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department, 22 are current EMTs.
The 2011 officers were then presented. The evening concluded with members and their guests socializing.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State