Dudley Elementary offers family fun
The south gym of Gothenburg High School was filled with parents, students and others Friday during Dudley Elementary Family Fun Night.
Families and students could play games, play on inflatables and eat and drink concessions that were available from 3-7 p.m.
Helping with what has become an annual event were the senior and junior high visual arts club that raised about $150.
Art teacher Travis Coe said the money will most likely be used to tour art museums in Omaha and Denver.
Four years ago, elementary media director Angie Richeson said an accelerated reading committee thought of offering inflatables to reward students for reading.
Students who meet their third-quarter AR goal can jump during the day while the gym opens to families and others later.
Richeson said Dudley pays for the inflatables, which are rented from a company in Omaha.
Games were offered last year, when the third grade took over the project and raised money for earthquake victims in Haiti.
Local News Slideshow
- Fun day at Block farm
- 600 bicyclists pedaling into town June 4
- Co. officer hired for floodplain duties
- Minister keynote speaker at Memorial Day service
- Village moves ahead with well repairs
- Brady students receive recognition
- Scottsbluff claims Dist. B-4 golf title
- Variety of ways offered to support Relay For Life