Dudley Elementary offers family fun
The south gym of Gothenburg High School was filled with parents, students and others Friday during Dudley Elementary Family Fun Night.
Families and students could play games, play on inflatables and eat and drink concessions that were available from 3-7 p.m.
Helping with what has become an annual event were the senior and junior high visual arts club that raised about $150.
Art teacher Travis Coe said the money will most likely be used to tour art museums in Omaha and Denver.
Four years ago, elementary media director Angie Richeson said an accelerated reading committee thought of offering inflatables to reward students for reading.
Students who meet their third-quarter AR goal can jump during the day while the gym opens to families and others later.
Richeson said Dudley pays for the inflatables, which are rented from a company in Omaha.
Games were offered last year, when the third grade took over the project and raised money for earthquake victims in Haiti.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State