Ponies in the Park
The National Pony Express Association, along with its Nebraska division, brought some added attention to the Pony Express Saturday with Ponies in the Park at Ehmen Park.The event offered a number of fun activities for all ages while also promoting donations for a life-size statue at the park in honor of the route and riders that connected St. Joseph, MO, and Sacramento, CA, for 18 months in the early 1860s. The fun included kids games, prizes and pony rides. Billy Brown and Darold Ostendorf provided “campfire” music and a Pony Express rider lunch was served.
Donations for the project can be sent to the Nebraska treasurer: Danny Marten, 77480 Drive 412, Gothenburg, NE 69138. Memorial bricks are being sold to raise funds. Also, larger donations will earn replicas of the statue, which was created by Nebraska native Gary Ginther.
For more information about the campaign, contact Nebraska division president Lyle Gronewold, 308-529-0804.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State