Ponies in the Park
The National Pony Express Association, along with its Nebraska division, brought some added attention to the Pony Express Saturday with Ponies in the Park at Ehmen Park.The event offered a number of fun activities for all ages while also promoting donations for a life-size statue at the park in honor of the route and riders that connected St. Joseph, MO, and Sacramento, CA, for 18 months in the early 1860s. The fun included kids games, prizes and pony rides. Billy Brown and Darold Ostendorf provided “campfire” music and a Pony Express rider lunch was served.
Donations for the project can be sent to the Nebraska treasurer: Danny Marten, 77480 Drive 412, Gothenburg, NE 69138. Memorial bricks are being sold to raise funds. Also, larger donations will earn replicas of the statue, which was created by Nebraska native Gary Ginther.
For more information about the campaign, contact Nebraska division president Lyle Gronewold, 308-529-0804.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout