Golfers beat Lex in dual action
LEXINGTON—In their first dual of the season, Swede golfers defeated Lexington 189-205 at Lakeside Country Club on Thursday.
“We got a win,” said Gothenburg coach Don Graham. “I don’t think it was the best effort from everyone but we beat Lexington and we’ll hopefully move forward from here.”
Senior Jackson Graham shot the low nine-hole score of the day carding a 40 to take the individual title.
Fellow senior Alix Meisinger had the second lowest score for the Swedes at 45.
Trevor Miller and Tyson Block led Lexington, each with 43.
“We need to do better as a team,” Graham said. “I’d like to see us get that dual score down around 170.”
The Swedes travel to North Platte for a dual against St. Pat’s on Thursday before heading back to Lexington for the second invite of the season on Tuesday.
“We’re going to start hitting it pretty hard now,” Graham said. “Hopefully the weather will hold.”
Tee time for Thursday’s dual at Iron Eagle is 3 p.m.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout