Brady sophomore to compete in national fishing tournament
Brady High School sophomore Adam Diehl will take to the waters of Lake Murray near Columbia, SC, on Sunday to compete in the 2012 High School Fishing National Championship.
Diehl and his partner, Drew Bailey of North Platte, qualified for the national tournament after winning both the state and regional events last year.
They will compete against four other regional winners for $10,000 in scholarship money. The winning team advances to the world championship later in the year.
The national championship is conducted in conjunction with the National Guard FLW College Fishing National Championship and is hosted by the University of South Carolina.
The event will be nationally televised on the NBC Sports Network following the event.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities