Gothenburg shooters hampered by wind
DONIPHAN—Gothenburg shooters struggled a little in the cool wind on Saturday as their scores at the Mid-Nebraska Trapshooting Conference dropped from the previous week.
Adrian Eggers, an Elwood student who is a member of Gothenburg’s club, led the way for the local shooters in the senior division in both the 16-yard shoot and overall scoring.
Eggers hit 46-of-50 from the 16-yard line and broke 37-of-50 from the 23-yard line in the handicap shoot to finish with an overall score of 83-of-100.
In the junior division, Landon Johnson was the top shooter for the Gothenburg team breaking 37-of-50 rocks.
Competitors have two more weekend competitions before the state shoot at Doniphan May 3-5.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney