Gothenburg shooters hampered by wind
DONIPHAN—Gothenburg shooters struggled a little in the cool wind on Saturday as their scores at the Mid-Nebraska Trapshooting Conference dropped from the previous week.
Adrian Eggers, an Elwood student who is a member of Gothenburg’s club, led the way for the local shooters in the senior division in both the 16-yard shoot and overall scoring.
Eggers hit 46-of-50 from the 16-yard line and broke 37-of-50 from the 23-yard line in the handicap shoot to finish with an overall score of 83-of-100.
In the junior division, Landon Johnson was the top shooter for the Gothenburg team breaking 37-of-50 rocks.
Competitors have two more weekend competitions before the state shoot at Doniphan May 3-5.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State