Eight teams on hand for Dutch Zorn Invite
Gothenburg’s Dutch Zorn Invitational track meet is scheduled for Friday, April 13. Eight schools—Kearney Catholic, Lexington, McCook, Sidney, Ogallala, Valentine, Kearney JV and Gothenburg—are entered this year.
Field events will open the meet at 2 p.m. Running events are scheduled to start at 3 p.m. The “Dutch Zorn Mile Medley Relay” will kick off the finals in the late afternoon at approximately 5 p.m. The medley features legs of 200, 200, 400 and 800 meters.
Special awards in memory of Danny Nichols and Jim Ambler will be awarded prior to the final event of the day.
The McCook girls and boys are the reigning champions from 2011.
The meet is named for former Swede coach Dutch Zorn, who guided Gothenburg to state track championships in 1949, 1957, 1962 and 1971. Zorn’s distinguished coaching career in track and football landed him in the first class of inductees in the Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame in 1994.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested