Rain and lightning affect Gothenburg trap shooters
DONIPHAN—Not wind nor rain nor even hail could stop members of the Gothenburg Trapshooting Team from competing in Doniphan on Saturday.
Senior-level entrants were forced to shoot in the rain and the handicap competition was halted for a time due to lightning but the contest continued.
Adrian Eggers, an Elwood student who is a member of Gothenburg’s club, led the way for the local team in the senior division in both the 16-yard shoot hitting 48-of-50. He broke 40-of-50 rocks from the 24-yard line for the highest overall score for Gothenburg at 88-of-100.
Colby Simants and Donnie Trisdale were second at 75-of-100.
In the junior division, Landon Johnson was the top shooter for the Gothenburg team breaking 44-of-50 rocks.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together