Rain and lightning affect Gothenburg trap shooters
DONIPHAN—Not wind nor rain nor even hail could stop members of the Gothenburg Trapshooting Team from competing in Doniphan on Saturday.
Senior-level entrants were forced to shoot in the rain and the handicap competition was halted for a time due to lightning but the contest continued.
Adrian Eggers, an Elwood student who is a member of Gothenburg’s club, led the way for the local team in the senior division in both the 16-yard shoot hitting 48-of-50. He broke 40-of-50 rocks from the 24-yard line for the highest overall score for Gothenburg at 88-of-100.
Colby Simants and Donnie Trisdale were second at 75-of-100.
In the junior division, Landon Johnson was the top shooter for the Gothenburg team breaking 44-of-50 rocks.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship