Wrestlers medal in state, national meet
Seven young Gothenburg wrestlers are already leaving their marks on the sport.
Corben Libich, a fourth-grader at Dudley Elementary, placed fourth the Huskerland State Tournament and sixth in the Midwest Classic National meet earlier this month in Kearney.
Nearly 1,300 wrestlers from 140 teams competed in the state tournament on April 1.
In addition to Libich, other Gothenburg medalists were Ty Hotz, second place; Wyatt Hotz, fourth place; and Noah Larson, third place.
Young Swedes were also among the 1,323 wrestlers from Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Iowa, Colorado and Wyoming to compete in the national meet in Kearney on April 6-7.
As a team, Gothenburg finished in 69th place out of 247 teams.
Besides Libich, Gothenburg medalists were: Brett Larson, sixth; Jeremy Larson, fourth; Bryce Larson, fifth in 12 and under division and sixth in the 15 and under division.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together