Girls second, boys third at home invite
With a mixture of varsity and junior varsity competitors, the Swede girls placed second and the boys third in the Brady/Gothenburg Invite on the Swede track April 17.
MaKaela Franzen was a double winner for the girls, taking first in both hurdle events. She posted a personal best time of 16.74 seconds in the 100-meter race and won the 300 hurdles in 51.3 seconds.
Other individual event winners for the girls were Aryn Mesinger in the 400 and Kersten Nelson in the shot. The Swede 4x400 relay also took first.
For the boys, Blake Ristine was the only gold medalist, taking first in both the 110-meter high hurdles and the pole vault. Both performances were personal bests for Ristine.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC