Girls second, boys third at home invite
With a mixture of varsity and junior varsity competitors, the Swede girls placed second and the boys third in the Brady/Gothenburg Invite on the Swede track April 17.
MaKaela Franzen was a double winner for the girls, taking first in both hurdle events. She posted a personal best time of 16.74 seconds in the 100-meter race and won the 300 hurdles in 51.3 seconds.
Other individual event winners for the girls were Aryn Mesinger in the 400 and Kersten Nelson in the shot. The Swede 4x400 relay also took first.
For the boys, Blake Ristine was the only gold medalist, taking first in both the 110-meter high hurdles and the pole vault. Both performances were personal bests for Ristine.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30