Girls second, boys third at home invite
With a mixture of varsity and junior varsity competitors, the Swede girls placed second and the boys third in the Brady/Gothenburg Invite on the Swede track April 17.
MaKaela Franzen was a double winner for the girls, taking first in both hurdle events. She posted a personal best time of 16.74 seconds in the 100-meter race and won the 300 hurdles in 51.3 seconds.
Other individual event winners for the girls were Aryn Mesinger in the 400 and Kersten Nelson in the shot. The Swede 4x400 relay also took first.
For the boys, Blake Ristine was the only gold medalist, taking first in both the 110-meter high hurdles and the pole vault. Both performances were personal bests for Ristine.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State