Learn about Lions activities
Gothenburg Lions Club was founded in 1942, and has served the Gothenburg community throughout each year since.
Have you ever wondered who puts out the flags on holidays and special occasions? The Lions do. Have you been to the Christmas matinee at the Sun Theatre recently? The Lions sponsor that
Did you know that the Lions take out Meals on Wheels regularly, set up the Bloodmobile equipment for blood donor days, pick up trash with the Adopt a Highway initiative, provide for vision and hearing screenings at the Gothenburg Public Schools and offer scholarships to Gothenburg High School Seniors?
Members of the community can learn about these and the many other activities the Lions are involved with at an ice cream social that is being held in Ehmen Park next Monday from 7 p.m. Come along and enjoy the treat that the Lions are offering, and if you want to know how you can get involved in serving your community through your local Lions organization, members will be on hand to encourage you.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater