Trapshooters compete in last meet before state May 3-5
DONIPHAN—Gothenburg Youth Trap Club member Landon Johnson tied for fifth place on the junior all-conference third team at the Mid-Nebraska Trapshooting Conference in Doniphan on Saturday.
Johnson’s score from the 16-yard line this week was 42-of-50, pushing his overall score among junior shooters to 211-of-250.
Saturday was the last day for conference shooting as the league prepares for the Cornhusker State Trap meet at Doniphan May 3-5.
Junior shooters compete at 9 a.m. on May 3 with seniors shooting on May 4 and handicap competition on May 5.
Adrian Eggers of Elwood led Gothenburg’s senior trap team this week hitting 49-of-50 in the 16-yard shoot and 40-of-50 in the handicap for a total of 89-of-100.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout