Trapshooters compete in last meet before state May 3-5
DONIPHAN—Gothenburg Youth Trap Club member Landon Johnson tied for fifth place on the junior all-conference third team at the Mid-Nebraska Trapshooting Conference in Doniphan on Saturday.
Johnson’s score from the 16-yard line this week was 42-of-50, pushing his overall score among junior shooters to 211-of-250.
Saturday was the last day for conference shooting as the league prepares for the Cornhusker State Trap meet at Doniphan May 3-5.
Junior shooters compete at 9 a.m. on May 3 with seniors shooting on May 4 and handicap competition on May 5.
Adrian Eggers of Elwood led Gothenburg’s senior trap team this week hitting 49-of-50 in the 16-yard shoot and 40-of-50 in the handicap for a total of 89-of-100.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State