Artists earn awards at contest
Two individual Brady High School art students and a class project earned first place at the annual combination Sandhills Conference and Mullen art show in Mullen on April 12.
Junior Krystan Hood and senior Micah Most received one first-place honor each. The class mural project also finished first.
Students in grades 7-12 submitted a variety of two- and three-dimensional art work. Brady was one of 10 schools to participate in the event.
Students and the place they received for projects include:
Krystan Hood—First and third
Class mural—First and honorable mention
Micah Most—First and third
Shelby McClellen—Two thirds, a fourth and four honorable mention
Ryan Rayburn—Two thirds
Jenna Lusk—Aecond, fifth and honorable mention
Chris Newbrey—Honorable mention
Karnee Hatch—Honorable mention
Turner Nansel—Honorable mention
Desiray Stryker—Honorable mention
Katelyn Stryker—Honorable mention.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities