Readers earn trip to Kearney
An elite group of readers traveled to Kearney recently where they visited the newly remodeled Kearney Public Library, MONA (Museum of Nebraska Art), Yanney Heritage Park, plus a buffet at Valentino’s restaurant.
The students were part of a Sixth Grade Reading Club, where they had to read at least eight out of 10 Golden Sower Nominee books and seven Newbery Award-Winning books for 2011-12, according to elementary media center director Angie Richeson.
Club members also had to take an accelerated reading quiz over the books read and score at least an 80% or better to count it as one of their 15 books.
Richeson and high school media center director Lori Long took the students to Kearney as a reward for their time and dedication to reading.
“I am unbelievably proud of all these students,” Richeson said.
The trip was funded with profits from Dudley’s annual Elementary Scholastic Book Fair.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout