Readers earn trip to Kearney
An elite group of readers traveled to Kearney recently where they visited the newly remodeled Kearney Public Library, MONA (Museum of Nebraska Art), Yanney Heritage Park, plus a buffet at Valentino’s restaurant.
The students were part of a Sixth Grade Reading Club, where they had to read at least eight out of 10 Golden Sower Nominee books and seven Newbery Award-Winning books for 2011-12, according to elementary media center director Angie Richeson.
Club members also had to take an accelerated reading quiz over the books read and score at least an 80% or better to count it as one of their 15 books.
Richeson and high school media center director Lori Long took the students to Kearney as a reward for their time and dedication to reading.
“I am unbelievably proud of all these students,” Richeson said.
The trip was funded with profits from Dudley’s annual Elementary Scholastic Book Fair.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney