Golfers have mixed results at two invites
Two golf meets nearly a week apart had dramatically different results for the Swede golf team.
At Broken Bow on May 1, the Swedes showed improvement from earlier in the season, combining for a team total of 331 and third place among eight teams playing.
Jackson Graham and Jeramie VanAcker medaled in fifth and sixth place, respectively, with scores of 77 and 79.
“It was our best team score to that point,” said coach Don Graham.
VanAcker had another solid meet on Monday during the Cozad Invite, shooting 74 for second place.
VanAcker was the only Swede medalist as the team total jumped to 363, putting Gothenburg in seventh of eight teams.
“Every course is different. Every day is different,” Graham said. “And our mix of kids was different. That all affects the team total.”
Gothenburg has one meet remaining in the regular season. The Swedes travel to Ogallala on Thursday for the Ogallala Invite before playing in the B-4 district meet at McCook on Tuesday.
The top three teams and the 10 individual medalists from the district qualify for the state competition at Meadowlark Hils in Kearney on May 22-23.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates