Honoring fallen son
Memorial walk: Dan and Michelle Benevidez passed through Gothenburg Monday afternoon enroute to Marseilles, IL. They started the 1,080-mile walk, in Fort Carson, CO, to honor their son. Staff Sgt. Kennith Mayne was killed in Iraq in September of 2008. The Gold Star parents are walking to raise money and awareness for American Military Family and its programs. AMF supports service members and their families. Dan is pictured walking east of Gothenburg. Donations can mailed to American Military Family Inc, Box 1101, Brighton, CO, 80601. More information about AMF and the family is available www.amf100.org.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins