Honoring fallen son
Memorial walk: Dan and Michelle Benevidez passed through Gothenburg Monday afternoon enroute to Marseilles, IL. They started the 1,080-mile walk, in Fort Carson, CO, to honor their son. Staff Sgt. Kennith Mayne was killed in Iraq in September of 2008. The Gold Star parents are walking to raise money and awareness for American Military Family and its programs. AMF supports service members and their families. Dan is pictured walking east of Gothenburg. Donations can mailed to American Military Family Inc, Box 1101, Brighton, CO, 80601. More information about AMF and the family is available www.amf100.org.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship