Swedes to host B-6 meet
Members fo the Gothenburg girls and boys track teams have the luxury of driving across town instead of across the state for the B-6 district meet on Thursday.
Gothenburg is hosting the meet with boys pole vault beginning at 11:30 a.m. Other field events to begin at noon are boys long jump and discus with girls high jump, shot and long jump.
The remaining field events will follow.
Running events start at 1 p.m. beginning with the girls and boys 4x800 relays.
The finals are scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. with the 4x400 relay closing out the day at approximately 7:10 p.m.
Teams participating are: Alliance, Chadron, Gering, Gothenburg, McCook, Mitchell, Ogallala, Scottsbluff, Sidney and Valentine.
In Class B, the first three finishers in each individual running event qualify for the state meet, plus the next six fastest times from across the B districts.
In the field events, the first three places qualify for state, as well as any competitors reaching the pre-established qualifying standards.
For the three relays, first and second places in each qualify for state with the next four fastest times among non-qualifiers.
The state meet will be at Burke Stadium in Omaha May 20-21.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price