All five golfers shoot under 90
OGALLALA—Gothenburg’s golfers have scored some good rounds this season, each of the varsity players achieving a personal best score sometime this year.
But until Thursday, the Swedes hadn’t all scored well on the same day.
All five Swede players were under 90 at the Ogallala Invite at West Wind Golf Course on Thursday, producing a 333 team total for third place.
“Overall, we played well as a team,” said coach Don Graham. “To get everyone under 90 on the same day is a pretty good deal.”
McCook won the team title with a score of 300. Four Bison players finished in the top 10.
Scottsbluff was second in the team standings with 322.
Senior Jeramie VanAcker earned Gothenburg’s lone medal, finishing fifth with 76.
“Jeramie has been playing very well lately,” Graham said.
Trenton Long shot 85 while Jackson Graham and Alix Meisinger carded 86 each and Dillon Linegar scored 89.
“It wasn’t Jackson’s best game by far but maybe he got that out of the way before the district meet,” the coach said.
Meisinger’s 86 is the first score he’s shot under 90, Graham said.
“It comes at a good time.”
The Swedes finished the regular season at Ogallala and traveled to McCook for the B-4 district meet at Heritage Hills Golf Course on Tuesday.
“We’ve got to have some things fall our way,” Graham said in anticipation of the district meet. “But I do believe it’s possible that we could sneak into third and qualify as a team.”
District results were not available before press time Tuesday afternoon.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout