Body of former local resident found in canal
The body of a 52-year-old man, identified as Daniel Gunlock, was found Saturday night in a Central Nebraska Public Power & Irrigation District canal two miles north of Elwood.
Gosper County sheriff Dennis Ocken said an autopsy Wednesday (today) is expected to determine the cause of death.
Gunlock, of Eustis, is married to Cheryl Gunlock of Gothenburg.
Ocken said Gunlock was reported missing May 13 and his car was discovered in a draw in a farmer’s field in northwest Gosper County on May 14.
Although foul play is not suspected, Ocken said an investigation continues.
The Gosper, Frontier and Dawson County Sheriff’s Offices and the Nebraska State Patrol conducted an extensive ground and air search on May 14 in northwest Gosper County.
Last Friday, Ocken said six dogs were utilized to search for the missing man.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price