Veteran’s memorial to be unveiled Friday
Rep. Adrian Smith to speak
Third District congressman Adrian Smith will speak at a special Memorial Day ceremony at Stone Hearth Estates Friday.
The public is invited to “Remembering the Fallen” service at 10 a.m., where a Nebraska memorial to soldiers killed in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, since 9-11 will be unveiled.
If weather permits, the ceremony will be under the canopy at the front entrance to the facility.
Photographs, stories and memorabilia about the fallen soldiers, throughout the state, will be on display on the third floor of the independent/assisted living facility.
Gothenburg mayor Joyce Hudson will also speak at the ceremony and the Gothenburg Color Guard will present the American flag.
Refreshments will be served.
The memorial, made possible through Oi Sitorius and the family of George and Marsha Sitorius, can also be viewed at the facility, from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., through May 28.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president