Street improvements start
Lake Avenue repair: Paving, sidewalk and water improvements for three blocks of Lake Avenue, from the railroad tracks to Fourth Street, started last week when contractor Paulsen, Inc. of Cozad began tearing out the existing blacktop covering. City officials said the street is expected to re-open the end of July or early August. Until then, east-side businesses may be reached by crossing Lake Avenue at Sixth Street or by traveling on the west side of the viaduct. On the west side, businesses can be accessed from the streets behind them.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.