Finnell earns NPCC business honor
Stephanie Finnell of Brady was named North Platte Community College’s Business Student of the Month for May.
Finnell graduated from Brady Public School in 2011. During her time at NPCC, she has focused on accounting.
“I chose NPCC because it’s just a little less than 30 miles from where I live. It was also the best fit for my price,” she said. “They have a great business program. All of my teachers at the college have made a big impact on me this year. They have made me get out of my comfort zone and keep pushing me forward.”
Finnell enjoys accounting, computers, music and her pets. Her hobbies include riding four-wheelers, bowling, cleaning, cooking and hanging out with family and friends.
She expects to graduate in May 2013.
“After graduation, I hope to find a career in any type of accounting job. I like working with computers, so maybe I can find an area that deals with both of those,” she said. “I do plan on moving out, but I’ll probably try to stay close to home because I like the small town areas. I know that my interest in accounting and computers could give me a good chance for a career in business.”
Finnell is the daughter of Todd and Denise Finnell of Brady.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president