Park shelter painters
Community mission project
Several youths and adults, from the First Presbyterian Church and other churches, carried out a Gothenburg Community Mission project last Thursday through Saturday. The group camped in Lafayette Park, and on Friday and Saturday, donated time and materials doing projects for the community and residents throughout town. They repainted park shelters at Lake Helen, cleaned gutters, scraped and repainted window trim, power washed and re-stained decks, painted steps and Sunday School rooms, moved bricks, edged around sidewalks and washed windows. Organizer Luke Rickertsen said they plan to continue the mission project in another two years and hope to get more people in the community involved. Pictured painting are, l-r: Josh Clark, Ryan Healey, Tate Bartlett and Jacob Franzen.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.