DI coverage commended
Thanks so much for the great coverage the Destination Imagination (DI) program has received over the past several years. The Times has always done a great job recognizing the students that have participated in the program and their accomplishments at the competitions. The recent coverage for our team advancing to Global Finals was fabulous, We couldn’t have asked for anything more.
The front-page publicity was fantastic and very helpful as the kids went around the community selling raffle tickets. Thanks to the articles in The Times, a majority of community members contacted were already aware of the team’s accomplishments and were very generous in helping them meet their fund-raising goal. I had several people contact me to offer praise and congratulatory remarks for the team.
The success of this team and the great coverage the DI program received has also sparked an interest in other parents who want to learn more about the program and would like to see their child participate in the future.
Destination Imagination develops skills our youth need throughout life. The students that choose to participate in DI are the promising leaders of the future. Thank you for showcasing this great group of kids and a great program offered at Gothenburg Public Schools. Gothenburg has so much to be proud of.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout