Repairing heat damage: On Monday, city crews were repairing pavement, at the intersection of Avenue J and 20th Street, that heaved from expansion during excessively high temperatures last week. City services director Shane Gruber said about three panels will be replaced. Although heat has caused potholes in streets in other areas of town, Gruber noted that this one was severe and pushed up pavement so the intersection was not driveable. He predicted that the fix would take at least a week.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action