Show raises more than $2,500 to cure cancer
102 entries in car event
Through a car show, food and clothing sales, pony rides and other activities, the Relay For Life car show earned more than $2,500 to find a cure for cancer.
Wayne Page of Alda was the mayor’s choice winner of the show with his 1950 Ford convertible. Organizers said there were 102 entries in the second annual car show, despite sweltering heat.Division winners were:
Pickup: Trent Lindstedt, North Platte, 1956 Ford F150.
Rat Rod: Mike Earll, Gothenburg, 1926 Ford Model T
Ford: Mi McCrone, North Platte, 1968 Ford Shelby Mustang
Mopar: Earl Rosenburg, North Platte
Street Rod: George Rose, Arapahoe, 1941 Willys Coupe
GM: Bob and Jackie Maline, North Platte, 1957 Chevy Nomad
Motorcycle: Michael Byrns, Lexington, 1999 Harley Custom
Top Ten winners:
Bob and Mary Theasmeyer, Gothenburg, 1964 Chevy Corvette
Tim and Cindy Bundy, North Platte,1968 Pontiac GTO
Tom Soule, North Platte, 1968 Ford Mustang
Nick Merksick, North Platte, 1954 Chevy Bel/Air
Dan Dalrymple, Gothenburg, 1963 Dodge 330
Mike Monson, Brady, 1951 Ford Coupe
Wayne Noltensmeier, Arapahoe, 1962 Chevy Imapala SS
Don and Jean Janecek Mc
Kinney, TX, 1956 Ford Crown Victoria
Larry Cohn, North Platte, 1955 Pontiac
Carol and Jim Eshleman, Hershey, 1966 Ford Mustang.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.