Lincoln golfers win member-guest tournament
Two golfers from Lincoln took home the stallion trophies Sunday afternoon, winning Wild Horse Golf Club’s member-guest tournament with an overall score of -29.
Wild Horse member Joe Wolsleger and his guest Chris Wright shot -8 on Saturday and were tied for the lead in the second flight with two other teams, although they were 10 strokes behind the day one leaders in the championship flight.
The Lincoln duo came back on Sunday with a -21 round to capture the title from the second flight.
Championship flight winners were Don Byers of Omaha and his guest Jerry Tjards who shot -23 for the two-day tournament.
Jim Sedlak of Kearney and his guest Stan Poff took top honors in the first flight, matching the championship flight winners at -23.
Dan Scherer of Gothenburg and Chad Uden tied with Jack Holm and Jeff Holm in the third flight, both finishing with -11.
The annual member-guest tournament drew 48 teams.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog