Wool contest winners headed to state
Four area youth modeled their wool fashions during the recent District 3 Make It With Wool Contest held at Faith Bible Church in Lincoln on November 7.
Garments were evaluated for construction quality, as well as fit and appearance. Lara Grundman of Talmage and Diane Bolin of Eagle serve as District 3 event directors.
In the Junior Division (ages 13-16), Maricela Dones of Lexington with her wool coat and Mallorie Hernandez of Lexington with her wool swing jacket and pants were selected as delegates to the State Wool Contest.
In the Senior Division (ages 17-24), Kristi Block of Cozad with her wool dress and Natalie Dones of Lexington with her wool coat were also selected as delegates to the State Wool Contest.
The State Make It With Wool Contest is Nov. 20 and 21 at the Home Economics Building on UNL East Campus in Lincoln.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500