Lake Avenue reopens
Light poles on agenda: Three blocks of south Lake Avenue, closed since May for paving and other improvements, reopened Saturday morning. On Monday, members of the city crew were re-installing light poles along the street after a new sidewalk was installed. City administrator Bruce Clymer said existing concrete has been utilized in some places for the walk.
The estimated $600,000 project, that also included sewer and water line repairs, will most likely be finished early as the contract called for it to be substantially complete by Aug. 15 with final completion by Aug. 31. Pictured are city workers Casey Bogus (on the ground) and Kyle Staley in the bucket truck.
- Control drives abusers, fear keeps victims from leaving
- Space issues driving surgical expansion at GMH
- Seven in race for two council seats
- Irish explode offensively in win over Brady boys
- CPNRD gains acreage by Darr
- Local salt suppliers keep up with demand for salt
- Gothenburg’s share of ACE grants is $1,747
- You win some, you lose some