Princess Leyha to lead the kids parade
Five-year-old Leyha Bartels has been selected by Gothenburg State Bank-Brady branch to serve as grand marshal of the Brady Days kids parade on Friday.
Bartels is the daughter of Catherine Stewart and Jason Bartels. She lives with her grandmother Sue Spurgin in Brady.
In November 2009, Leyha was diagnosed with Stage 4 neuroblastoma, a cancer that develops from nerve tissues.
After chemotherapy and radiation treatments helped her live cancer free for more than a year, Leyha has had a relapse and is undergoing treatment again.
But the little girl who loves everything princess will put illness aside for at least one day to lead the kids parade on Friday.
The parade is open to all children and their pets, if they wish, and is sponsored by the bank.
Line-up begins at 5 p.m. at the school and the parade will travel south to the Community Center where a family night meal will be served.
- New park swing in memory of local baby
- Veterans, donations sought to send group to D.C. in April
- County board forces wellness issue
- Eagles come from behind, hold on to beat Paxton
- Walk-off homer beats Lady Dawgs
- Golfers medal two at conference meet
- Softball team survives slugfest at Cozad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST