Tumbles, Trophies and more at Dawson County Fair:
Slippery swine timeNew to the Dawson County Fair this year was pig wrestling, an event which attracted many onlookers last Thursday night to an outdoor arena at the Lexington fairgrounds.
A porker was released and teams had two minutes to catch the pig and put it in a barrel in the ring full of mud, water and baby oil. Some teams dressed up and had names like the Dukes of Dawson (pictured). They are front (clockwise) l-r: Heath Keiser, Kole Berke of Cozad, Patrick Peterson and Evan Peterson. A monetary award was given to the top three teams.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500