Tumbles, Trophies and more at Dawson County Fair:
Slippery swine timeNew to the Dawson County Fair this year was pig wrestling, an event which attracted many onlookers last Thursday night to an outdoor arena at the Lexington fairgrounds.
A porker was released and teams had two minutes to catch the pig and put it in a barrel in the ring full of mud, water and baby oil. Some teams dressed up and had names like the Dukes of Dawson (pictured). They are front (clockwise) l-r: Heath Keiser, Kole Berke of Cozad, Patrick Peterson and Evan Peterson. A monetary award was given to the top three teams.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president