Fire fighters appreciated
On behalf of all of us in north central Nebraska and the Niobrara River valley ... thank you firemen from Gothenburg and many other communities miles away from the scene of the recent fires that burned thousands of acres and destroyed over a dozen homes.
I couldn’t believe the number of fire departments, equipment, men and women fire fighters who responded to assist our local firemen and I could hardly believe the stories of fast moving flames and extreme heat coming from these rough canyons. We are thankful no one lost their life especially when the wind changed and pushed the flames in various directions.
In the Ainsworth Fire Hall, I heard numerous stories about close calls and incidents related to the fight to stop the fires. One said “You know Gothenburg sent some guys up and they’ve got a guy with a plane flying guys up and back in shifts.”
So, thank you fire fighters in small communities all over our state. I guess it’s just something they do. They hear about someone in need and they load up and go help.
I’m sure I can speak for many in our area. Thanks again.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog