Fire trucks called to Five-Star Flooring
Sirens blared about 1:45 p.m. Wednesday after smoke was spotted billowing from the roof of the new Five-Star Flooring building in Gothenburg.
Flames weren’t visible until Gothenburg volunteer fire fighters punched a hole in the upper half of the building, at 915 Lake Ave., that owners Troy and Chivonne have been remodeling.Fire fighters sprayed water from hoses into the hole and also sawed an opening in the roof.
Water from hoses, lifted to the roof, was used to douse flames in the ceiling.
Firemen were on the scene for about two hours.
The Daums have had workers renovating the building for several months. They plan to finish and move inventory into the space sometime this fall.
Their business is now located a block north of the new building at 1014 Lake Ave.
No estimate of damage or the cause of the fire was available on Wednesday.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout